LINEAR DIGITAL MEASURING DEVICE (LDMD 3.0)
A Caliper Style contact measuring device specializing in long length parts and materials beyond the scope of a typical dial or vernier caliper. The AP Gauge’s LDMD 3.0 comes in a 50″ and 70″ Hand-Held version as well as a 110″ measurable mounted version. The LDMD 3.0 is accurate to within .005″ of nominal over full travel and repeatable to .001″. AAA Battery Operated, Low cost, accurate solution for those longer travel measuring challenges found in the metal working and manufacturing environments. Use it as a handheld device or bolt it down as a rigid member.
Use as an Inspection Device to Measure Length, ID and OD
Use as an In Process Device built into a Machine Structure
Use as a length Gauge for Cutoff Applications
The LDMD 3.0 features a robust precision machined aluminum base design that reduces weight allowing for the unit to be easily moved around the shop to meet any measurement needs. 50″ version weighs 12 lbs while the 70″ unit weighs 15 lbs. The custom base extrusion is designed to be lightweight and extremely rigid. Slide containing the digital display is actuator smooth with preloaded sliding elements with virtually no pitch, roll or yaw introduced error. This is not a flimsy device. The LDMD 3.0 can handle the rough shop environments without fear of sensitive re-calibration issues. This all aluminum constructed device is hard anodized on all wear surfaces and is virtually impervious to washdown issues except at the digital display. All End of Arm tooling is interchangeable and adaptable to your needs. AP Gauge offers specialized tooling to make your device accommodating to your needs. Use our tooling options or build your own referencing from our precision pin locations for easy alignment and in house accuracy.
SEE BELOW FOR KEY FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
Each LDMD 3.0 is meticulously inspected and the stated device accuracy (Within .005″ of the nominal, repeatable to .001″) is verified by Laser Interferometer traceable to NIST standards. An Error Report is then generated and transmitted with each LDMD shipped and correlated to the serial number of that device. This Error Graphical report can be used in the field for extrapolation and Error Compensation.
- 50″ and 70″ LDMD 3.0 can be hand held and easily carried to the work piece or table mounted
- 110″ measurable units fit the typical profile aluminum 40 x 80 extrusion making it easily adaptable to other structures for table mounted or built in units
- Inch or Metric output
- Absolute or incremental operations
- Measures ID, OD as well as Length
- Zero reset anywhere along its path
- Accurate to within .005″ of nominal over full travel
- Repeatable to .001″
- Display resolution to .0004″
- 2 AAA Battery powered operation with no exposed wires to manage or tangle
- Batteries are user replaceable with a simple screw driver
- Direct reference or offset value input capability
- Use of magnetic sensor for consistent accuracy and reliability
- Robust anodized aluminum allows for reduced weight and mobility
- Configurable end plates
- Absolute and incremental
- Mount in any orientation
- Tool room
- Cutoff Saw Gauge
- In Process Gauge
- Machine Shop
- Clean room
- Large Scale dimensional analysis
50” , 70″ and 110″ Measurable Strokes available
Accuracy within .005″ of nominal over full travel
Magnetic tape is IP54 rated,
display is IP40 rating (avoid any exposure to moisture and condensation)
read head IP 67 rating
50″ unit weighs 12 lbs.
70″ unit weighs 15 lbs.
Display Range 6 Digit LCD
Operating Temperature -32F to 140F
Storage Temperature -22F to 175F
Max Speed of Travel 200″/s
Operating voltage 1 to 3.3V DC
Need A Fixed or Rolling Gauging Table?
Need a Custom Precision Gauging Table solution, not a problem. Let us know your special needs and let AP Gauge.com design your ideal Mobile Measuring System complete with LDMD 3.0 and a perfectly matched Gauging Table System.